Fast!! Help me with a home studio set up

gigioleao

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Hello guys, im from Brazil and tomorrow im going to Miami and i need some help to buy stuff for my home studio. So, i am new to music production but i really liked it from what i have seen and i want to take the oportunity and buy some stuff for my home studio. From what i've read, the most important thing are the studio monitors. My budge is1100 dollars and i need studio monitors and an audio interface mainly, i can buy a microphone and a midi keyboard in Brazil. So, shortening it: WHAT STUDIO MONITORS AND AUDIO INTERFACE SHOULD I GET WITH A 1100 DOLLARS BUDGE?
PS try to answer it fast im buying them tomorrow and dont want to fall on the store sellers hand x.x
PS 2 i want to produce eletro/pop music and i already have good headphones but i know i need studio monitors for many reasons. I use fl studio as my daw.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Well that's really hard to answer, Active speakers or Passive and what you do use it for?

I read a lot of reviews and heard that Yamaha HS8 is a neutral sounding speakers. And most people I know use Apogee for sound interface. Though Behringer make some good units for less, I can't say about how they compare though. It's also depends what kind of instrument you are connecting it with.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
The apogee is the one most of people I know uses years ago. I also heard of Alesis and Steinberg, but I'm not a musician so I didn't even pay too much attention on their conversation at time. I know that one of then uses Lynx Two because that's the time I got to into professional sound-card, very expensive though.

Anyway, have you get to pick equipment already, and which one?