Faulty Laptops

ajmaresh

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
so i have 2 of the same laptop, each has a problem so i have a question for each, here's the model - Toshiba l775d s7135
for the first one were gonna call laptop A the keyboard had water spilt on it about a couple months ago nearly no keys work on it now,so i put Laptop B's keyboard in it and more keys worked but some still didn't, i also plugged in an external keyboard and all keys worked my question for this one is am i going to have to replace the pin connectors that connect to the motherboard to the keyboard? if so what would that cost and what would it take to do. Now for laptop B, the display out of nowhere just stopped working, no lights what so ever its as if the laptop is turned off, i've taken it apart and have seen that there are no visibile problems, no loose connections ect, I'm worried if i replace the monitor that's not gonna do anything cause i cant pinpoint the problem, if it helps at all, both laptops had a problem where the backlights wouldn't work occasionally when opening the laptop. I'll be paying attention to this thread all day so expect near immediate responses, and a future thanks

pjmelect

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
The back light inverters on laptop have surface mounted fuses on them which often blow, replacing them cures the problem. As for the keyboard I would suspect that you have a bad connection with the ribbon cable.

ajmaresh

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012

Ok so where are the inverters located or what do they look like and if thats the case why have they been going out and back on since i got the laptop almost a year ago, and its impossible for it to be the ribbon cable the keyboard i put in the laptop that got spilled on worked fine on my other laptop

ajmaresh

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
sorry let me rephrase that, Laptop A (the one that got spilt on) is using a totally different keyboard than the one that got spilt on, thisnew keyboard worked fine on Laptop B but when it was put into laptop A only a few keys didnt work

TRENDING THREADS