Film Composer's Laptop - Memory and Storage configurations?

Nosepicker

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
The title says it all, I'm building a portable laptop workstation through Origin, and I'm a bit unsure as to how I should build.

I'm working with DAWs such as ProTools and Ableton Live, both 64-bit programs. Now, I usually have up to about 100 channels at least processing Audio and MIDI information, so I know I'll need the RAM to support all the instances of Kontakt and such. But I'll get down to the nitty gritty:

Memory:
- 16GB of RAM enough? Or should I anticipate future updates and go for 32? (anecdotes are welcome here).
- In this case, should I go for 4x4 (or 4x8) or 2x8 (2x16)? It's DDR4 RAM.

Storage:
- I'm sure I'm going to get 3 hard drives (Samsung 850 EVO, or 950 Pro). But I can't decide if I want to stripe two 850's in RAID0 and run the OS on that, and keep the third (850) for storage. -OR- I can get a 950 Pro, set the OS on that, and use the other two (850's) for storage. It seems like I'll get a significant boost to performance with the 950 Pro, but since the other two drives will still be bottlenecked by SATA speeds, will it be worth the price increase? I can't afford 3 950 Pros.

I will be installing the music software, as well as all plugins, on the RAID0 drive since it will be ~1TB of space. However, if I get the 950 Pro, I will only be installing the OS and the music software on the OS drive, and all other plugins and samples on the 850 SATA drives. Will this be too subject to the 6Gb/s bottleneck, therefore removing any benefit of the 950 Pro? Should I just stick to RAID0 and then upgrade to 3x 950 Pros in the future? (or whatever PCIe 3.0/4.0/etc. drive Samsung invents next?)

Any insight is appreciated, especially if you're also a music producer who has a bit of experience building a high-end machine.

Thanks!