Firefox Extension Suggestions or other Solution.

McLeige

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Hello all, this is my first post here, and i have a question that seems simple. I am using Firefox.
For the last 5 hours I've been trying to find an extension/script/something that will let me take a single bookmark and either add it directly to my right-click context menu (as in i can then right-click and click the link, no other steps) , or add a single bookmark to my Firefox customize menu as a button, so i can put it somewhere else other than in the bookmarks toolbar. (similar to how you can click the history button and it opens your history)
I've been using Google and the extension search with no luck, only getting close but not exactly what i want, and i have a hard time trying to find greasemonky/scriptish scripts as well.
Any help would be amazing.
(I'm not sure if this is the right category)

Solution
I understand what you mean McLeige the functionality seems useful.

I don't know of any extensions that do this unfortunately and given that bookmarks are pretty much standard fare for browsers, I'd be surprised if this "in context" bookmarking functionality exists.

I don't know how difficult it would be given I've never written one, but perhaps consider creating this extension yourself?

McLeige

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I already know how to do both of those, that isnt what i am asking. I want to get an extension or userscript that lets me A)
be able to rightclick, and choose a link immediatly without having to to thru a dropdown menu of any kind, OR B)
be able to make a button that when clicked takes me to a specified website, and this button shows up in the firefox "customize menus" menu.

for example A) i rightclick in firefox, and i can then click "tomshardware.com" from the menu that appears, without any other step.
for example B) i get an extenstion that lets me put a "tomshardware.com" button anywhere, like next to the address bar or even next to the foward/back buttons (as in not limited to the bookmark toolbar.)

i hope this clears up any confusion in my post.

McLeige

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I'm not looking for a list of links, I'm looking to fill in one exact link, and only one, to those two specific areas. using what you have told me (which i already know) does not help.

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
I understand what you mean McLeige the functionality seems useful.

I don't know of any extensions that do this unfortunately and given that bookmarks are pretty much standard fare for browsers, I'd be surprised if this "in context" bookmarking functionality exists.

I don't know how difficult it would be given I've never written one, but perhaps consider creating this extension yourself?

Solution