Firefox Nears 30% of Worldwide Market Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Firefox is all that I use. Once you get accustomed to it, you see that it really is "speedier" than IE. I also get fewer web "errors" when using Firefox. There are two or three websites that literally just don't work with IE, but which work fine with Firefox.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I just switched back in Ubuntu. I switched to Chrome on my Laptop and my MiniMac then started noticing advertisements targeting my local area. This tells me Chrome was pinpointing my location (IP Address) then running local advertisements in my browser. Too much snooping for me so I dumped Chrome and went back to Firefox and Safari.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Good god, a max of over 615 tabs open? How can anyone work with that many tabs open?[/citation]
If that person is like me he has more than one browser window. With a wide screen monitor I can comfortably fit 30 tabs. Four windows like that and you have 100+.

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
firefox 3.7 alpha 4 rocks your socks with direct2d and direct write acceleration activated, flash videos, google maps and games like runescape have never been so fluently smooth

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Good god, a max of over 615 tabs open? How can anyone work with that many tabs open?[/citation]

I could see it happening in some research jobs, especially with multiple monitors and windows open.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Just bought a new Laptop with Windows7 installed, I'm in Europe and I was expecting a Ballot Screen for the Browser, but no, it had IE8 already installed. Naughty naughty MS, anyway I soon downloaded Firefox and SRWare Iron, and then removed the IE8 links from the Desktop and menu. I couldn't cope without a decent Adblocker.

G

Firefox should work some deal with the < 1000 researches stationed in Antarctica. They could get 100% of that continent.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]xybercoke[/nom]I use 3 chrome, IE, and firefox. they all have ups ands downs[/citation]

Same here. Some websites still don't like Chrome. Some don't display properly on Firefox but do on IE8.

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
I've used firefox for a long time now and think its great. With the addons function it gives users complete control of which components of a webpage you want to display. I allways run AdBlock Plus and scriptblocker only allowing scripts ect to run on webpages I trust. Makes my web experience alot faster and stops most of the annoying pointless advertising and scripts infringing on my privacy. The only niggle I have with firefox is, why it seems to utilise so much memory! 120mb is alot compared to most other web browsers.

dmpco

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
i just switched from firefox to chrome when i upgraded to win 7 x64. chrome just seems to run faster on my system then firefox did. i have not used ie since 2004

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I'm just wandering, what do you people do that you need more then 10 tabs open? For me mostly 2 is for searches and the rest news articles.

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009

my pc would freeze at 10 tabs :p

G

i got 100 tabs open permanently. I'm leaving open everything interesting which does not deserve a bookmark ( would be too much of a hassle) of course this consumes memory.... MUCH memory. To help me have an overview I use tab sidebar. It works for me.

Micropat

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
Zotero is the main reason I NEED firefox. However, I could easily use another browser for browsing but I don't because firefox is my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.