I was running into the same issue. The problem is that long ago Google Chrome integrated Flash natively so that it's included in the browser, but then later on they decided to disable it as a security risk in order to motivate site owners to migrate off of Flash over to HTML5 video. This left Chrome with Flash support included, but disabled by default, which is where it's at now.
To turn Flash back on in Chrome, you need to do two things.
1. Enable Flash in the browser.
- Open this URL in Chrome: chrome
- Click Flash in the list, and change the toggle from "Block sites from running Flash" to "Ask first (recommended)"
2. Enable Flash for the site.
- Navigate to the MSNBC page with your video
- Click the "Secure/Not Secure" button on the left end of the address bar, then "Site Settings".
- Change Flash to Allow.
- Back out and refresh the page. At this point the video should load.