Flash not working in chrome on msnbc

edesart

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014

It is disabled (Ad block plus). I worked through every step that adobe said to take. Reinstalling chrome, testing the version of flash, trying different browsers, deleting all certificates, etc. Still no video. I've posted it as a bug with adobe.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7480763#7480763

edesart

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014

Agreed. I don't think it's a bug in flash but flash is certainly involved in the problem. That and Chrome and if I new what else then I wouldn't have a problem. You'll notice there were some others with the same problem. I'm not the only one.

Wait, one caveat, I'm having the problem with every browser I try. Not just chrome.

tmckay10

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
None of these solutions work. MSNBC online app BLOCKS all content, no matter what you do, it's terribly frustrating. It's blocking FLASH even when you have all settings set to allow flash.

robert.ebers

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

I am also seeing this issue on Chrome and Opera for Windows x64.

Sophia Madison

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
I was also facing the same issue with Windows 8 but after updating to Windows 10 I no more see the flash error in my Chrome browser but sometimes it popups at Opera browser. Therefore i don't use Opera so much as i don't know how to to fix this error.

pbug56

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012

What's the point of a media site that doesn't let you see the media? Only error message is to turn on flash - which is turned on. And the MSNBC PC app is a piece of...

Jan 8, 2019
I was running into the same issue. The problem is that long ago Google Chrome integrated Flash natively so that it's included in the browser, but then later on they decided to disable it as a security risk in order to motivate site owners to migrate off of Flash over to HTML5 video. This left Chrome with Flash support included, but disabled by default, which is where it's at now.

To turn Flash back on in Chrome, you need to do two things.
1. Enable Flash in the browser.
- Open this URL in Chrome: chrome://settings/content
- Click Flash in the list, and change the toggle from "Block sites from running Flash" to "Ask first (recommended)"

2. Enable Flash for the site.
- Navigate to the MSNBC page with your video
- Click the "Secure/Not Secure" button on the left end of the address bar, then "Site Settings".
- Change Flash to Allow.
- Back out and refresh the page. At this point the video should load.

Good luck.

pbug56

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012
Open what URL?