Forwarding from my student outlook account, but doesn't leave a copy in my inbox

altom85

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, so I apologize in advance.

I have a student e-mail that works through outlook.com. I am forwarding the e-mail from my student account at outlook.com, to my personal g-mail account. And the forwarding works so that's not the issue.

The problem is a minor one really, but it's such a nuisance: when forwarding the e-mail from outlook.com to my g-mail, it doesn't leave a copy in my outlook.com inbox even though I have the option "Keep a copy of forwarded messages in your Outlook.com inbox." checked off. It simply deletes it altogether, I cannot find the e-mail in my inbox, sent box, or any other box. So when I go to reply to one of my professors, I have to copy the message from my g-mail, compose a new message on my outlook.com account, and paste it there, so the professors know exactly what I'm replying to (plus, obviously, I wouldn't reply to them from my personal e-mail account). It's just tedious and annoying plus the formatting gets all wonky.

I would appreciate any help if possible. Thank you!

Solution
:hello:

Kindly I ask your attention.

You could ask your school it it's an old version they use or a new version.
You could ask also of your the only one how has this issue with the service you use.

When no will be the answer, ask them if they are willing to setup another account and have it forwarded.
Could be that you have a software issue online or whatever, you could ask Outlook to take a look at it.
And or you can copy or send all your messeges to an account or a new Outlook account. Don't for get to send the teachers or how ever you emaill address.

Hopefully I let you known enough, that you will find the answers you seek! :)

Good luck and have fun doing it! :)

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

Well,

The problem is a minor one really, but it's such a nuisance: when forwarding the e-mail from outlook.com to my g-mail, it doesn't leave a copy in my outlook.com inbox even though I have the option "Keep a copy of forwarded messages in your Outlook.com inbox." checked off.

Shouldn't you set it to enabled 'Keep a copy of forwarded messages in your Outlook.com inbox'?

Try this first and let us known what happen. Just create a message or send a message to your Outlook account and forward this message to your Gmail account.

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

altom85

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Thank you for your reply MeneerWitte. Yes I have that box checked off, meaning I did enable it. Still, no luck. I tried unchecking too and that didn't work either.

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Could you kindly keep the setting enabled?

And somewhere (according to one answer at more of these issues), someone let known that there is an option (?) to keep copies on the server. Don't ask, it's all that has being written.
It depence of the Outlook version ????????

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osend/outlook-keeps-forwarding-emails-and-i-cant-stop-it/2b7d2691-2723-4c78-b697-846970a0376f?page=2

https://www.google.nl/search?q=Outlook+keeps+deleting+my+forward+emails+site:answers.microsoft.com&biw=1024&bih=739#q=How+to+set+keep+copys+on+the+server+outlook

Good luck and have fun doint it! :)

altom85

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Thank you again Meneer for the response. It seems like a lot of the more in-depth options, like more complex forwarding e-mail options and setting up rules, refers to the actual program Outlook. I'm using Outlook.com so it seems to have very simple options. This is literally all it says on the e-mail forwarding options page:

Capture_zps5a67d69c.png

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

altom85

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
I'm honestly not sure what that means. My school gave me this email address I never signed up for anything, I don't think I have a separate account for outlook besides this one. I'm still without answers and I cannot figure it out :(

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

You could ask your school it it's an old version they use or a new version.
You could ask also of your the only one how has this issue with the service you use.

When no will be the answer, ask them if they are willing to setup another account and have it forwarded.
Could be that you have a software issue online or whatever, you could ask Outlook to take a look at it.
And or you can copy or send all your messeges to an account or a new Outlook account. Don't for get to send the teachers or how ever you emaill address.

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

Solution