Fuzzy text and bad textures on monitor

itum26

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
Hey guys, consider this a desperate call

I have Haier TV 42" 3d monitor, when I connect my PC to it with HDMI cable, and after using custom resolution utility (my method is to delete all default resolutions, then restart the system) after this everything works perfect and i can achieve 1080FHD picture clear and sharp,
but when I connect apple tv or playstation 4 to the monitor the quality looks very poor and text and textures look fuzzy not sharp, i tried every possible option i have on both sides the monitor (Haier TV) and the source (ATV or PS4) but no use, and when i connect those sources into a another monitor (low coast cheap made monitor) i have super image quality on it.
anyone is having the same problem? any one can advice, and solve this issue

above mentioned gadgets:
Main monitor Haier model: LE42H320P
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Playstation 4 : CUH-1116A
Secondary monitor Elekta model ELED-2403

itum26

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

yeah its a 1080 with 60 Hz / 3D when ever i look for the model number i only can find some manual in Chinese websites !nothing more nothing less ! so i guess the firmware which is installed on this tv is like universal firmware, where i can find such thing for like an update or a patch ? cuz like i mentioned before using CRU tool from http://www.monitortests.com/ with PC and Windows will project a perfect signal on this monitor

any help or info will be amazing guys, thanks again

itum26

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
any how i found the solution, and i am sharing incase someone is having the same issue,
after searching and finding that its a scaling problem with like 99% of new TVs and monitors, i found out that the pc connection on any tv (VGA or DVI) will always have the scaling in the right manners,

so BEHOLD the solution

http://www.amazon.com/D-CLICK-Quality-Audio-Converter-converter/dp/B00MZMN6YS/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1419671195&sr=8-29&keywords=hdmi+to+vga+converter

any cheap 20$ converter, plug and play ! and you will get the signal in the best way its mean to be

and if u wanna push it further i will recommend a digital cable for the audio connection so you will get a clear and perfect audio stream.

it works super for AppleTV , Playstation 4 and i think almost everything you are having the FUZZY problem with,

i hope mods in the forums will mark this to solved so it will help people , cuz i know many people are irritated with this crazy issue like me

please like or something if this was helpful for you
:bounce:

PS: keep away from the fake HDMI to VGA cables its not working its a scam,
also the non external power HDMI to VGA adapters cuz when i first tried it my ps4 is not booting up and it will cause u problems (i think short circuit cuz i will get blue blinking light and controller will lose sync with ps4 )

**** stick to the converters that comes with external power ****

Where you trying to connect a VGA connection to the TV or HDMI? Your post made it seem like you were using HDMI for all of those.

How are you using the connector? Most 1080 sets will have no issues with VGA inputs off a computer, or HDMI for that matter. I have an older 720p set that does not work well with HDMI for my computer due to overscan issues, but a 1080p set I have works just fine.

Yes those direct cables do not work in most cases, but it's not a scam, you just need to read the description as to what they do. VGA to HDMI or DVI you need an active converter like the one you got.

itum26

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
Where you trying to connect a VGA connection to the TV or HDMI? Your post made it seem like you were using HDMI for all of those.

How are you using the connector? Most 1080 sets will have no issues with VGA inputs off a computer, or HDMI for that matter. I have an older 720p set that does not work well with HDMI for my computer due to overscan issues, but a 1080p set I have works just fine.

Yes those direct cables do not work in most cases, but it's not a scam, you just need to read the description as to what they do. VGA to HDMI or DVI you need an active converter like the one you got.

actually old tv sets dont have the problem, I am talking about the new one (mostly new cheap brands that everyone can afford) , they always comes with the problem of this HDMI overscan issues, and through my search I read that VGA input in all tv is tweaked in a way that is free from this problem, so to sum up i am connecting all my gadgets to the HDMI to VGA converter then from that to tv.

I am having little ghost signal (maybe cuz of the active converter) but its still way better than connecting to tv direct using HDMI
moral of story ! make sure to review the tv u like before u purchase it :D