dallinjc

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Hello,

I spilt gallium on my xps15 motherboard when I was repasting the GPU and CPU with liquid metal. I thought I cleaned up the mess thoroughly with alcohol wipes. However, after I reconnected the battery and hit the power button, the screen stayed black. The power LED light did come on for three seconds, but automatically turned off. Nothing else happened. Power LED light will still come on when I hit the power button.

I think I fried my board. My laptop is still under warranty, but this is clearly my fault. Is there anyway of salvaging my laptop? Would a new motherboard fix my problem?

I have a XPS15 9650, 32GIG, 1TB ssd, 4K touch screen.

Thanks in advanced.

Solution
Theres a little more then Gallium in that...
Anyways the company that makes it recommends window cleaner and a soft tooth brush to try and clean it up. I don't know how well thats going to work for you if damage was already caused by you turnin on the laptop though.

popatim

Splendid
Theres a little more then Gallium in that...
Anyways the company that makes it recommends window cleaner and a soft tooth brush to try and clean it up. I don't know how well thats going to work for you if damage was already caused by you turnin on the laptop though.

Solution