xBarracudaSlimx

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
I am new to the PC gaming world and recently purchased a MSI GE70 2PE Apache Pro Laptop.
When running low end games my PC temps are within 60-65*c but when i run games like The Forest my CPU Temp gets between 75-85*c, while my GPU stays between 60-70*. Is this a normal temp for both my CPU and GPU to be operating at? What is the Safe Zone temp to try and keep them at? Also How long can i game at high temps? Thanks in advance.

-PC Specs-

Processor: Intel core i5-4210H @2.9 GHZ - intel HD 4600 Graphics
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M 2GB
Ram: 8GB (7.92gb Usable)
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080, 60hz
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Solution
The CPU temp is bit high. GPU temp is very fine. Leave some room under the laptop to breathe air in.
[OR]
You might try to get a CPU cooler or blowing out the dust inside the laptop & its vents.

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
The CPU temp is bit high. GPU temp is very fine. Leave some room under the laptop to breathe air in.
[OR]
You might try to get a CPU cooler or blowing out the dust inside the laptop & its vents.

Solution

xBarracudaSlimx

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

Ya I have 2 cpu fans blowing up underneath the laptop now to try and cool it, but it still sits around 85*c. Could the cause be that I'm running a game that requires a 4-core processor on a dual core? When I called msi they said it wasn't a problem for it and it's OK to run the cpu temp around 85*c, but my pc spits out alot of heat