Wyldie Maxwell

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Did a clean wipe and reinstalled Windows 8 on my GE60 yesterday and haven't been able to get wireless networking to turn on.
The only device in Network Adapters is Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller.
There's a Network Controller under Other Devices with no other details.
I've tried installing the drivers from MSI's GE60 download page to no avail.
I'm not altogether sure what the actual ethernet/wireless controller model is... the online specs I've read don't say- neither does the device manger. Even finding that out would be helpful.
Any assistance at all would be great, thanks.

Edit:
Well, I managed to get the wireless device to show up by installing the following driver from MSI:
wireless_aw_nb114h_2007.12.419.2013_8700
(Incidentally, the device appears to be a Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC)

However- no networks are showing up in the list. It's not a problem with my router, and I haven't been able to find any apparent issues with the driver...

Edit:
Running the Intel diagnosis software gives me the following error, under hardware: "Wireless hardware is not bound to transport driver."

Wyldie Maxwell

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
OK, I managed to fix it although I'm not exactly sure how:
I formatted the partition and reinstalled Windows 8 again.
Then, in this order, I installed the Qualcomm Killer LAN E2200 INF Driver v.8.0.2.38 and the Realtek RTL8723AE wireless driver. Now everything works fine.