Gigabyte Laptop not showing signs of having Nvidia Graphics Card Installed

Austin81818

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
I have a Gigabyte p35 that supposedly has gTX 980m installed, but everywhere I check it only says Intel. I checked the device manager Nvidia doesn't show up. If I right click the desktop Nvidia isn't there either. There isn't even an Nvidia control panel. I tried installing a driver update and it said it couldn't find compatible hardware. If I go to bios there isn't an option to switch my GPU. Please help, I have heard bad rumors about Gigabyte and them sort of scamming people.

Hi,

May we know the exact model of your Gigabyte P35 laptop? According to their website about a P35 series laptop it depends on the model.

Here's one for example: http://www.gigabyte.ph/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4626#kf

If the Graphics card is not showing up in Device Manager try going into Nvidia support site where you can download and install the driver for it and see if it would get picked up with their automatic detect feature.

Here's the link: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

If all these will not work do contact Gigabyte since your graphics card is not working already.

Austin81818

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

I'm not sure where to find the model number. I think it is the p35x v4. I do see an unknown PCI Device in device managers. That means there is a chipset or something that is not detected right?

CelicaGT

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
Some laptops still use hardware gpu switching, Alienware for example. There may be a function key labeled I/D GFX this disables one of the GPU's (typically the dedicated card). Long and short is...check for a key like this, or in the BIOS to see if there are any functions to enable/disable gpu's.

Austin81818

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

Thanks, I will look around for such a key, but I did check the BIOS and it did not give me any option to switch gpu's.The only thing that worries me is that I cannot find my 980m gpu in device manager. Usually it will say it is there but deactivated. And I cannot install the new update, it says it failed to find a compatible hardware. But there is an unknown PCI device, which gives me hope. Maybe that is my nvidia that is not being detected?

Shettima

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
My laptop is pavilion m6 and it has no Nvidia on the display adapters, it only shows intel (R) graphics 4000.
How can I please get Nvidia to work on my laptop?