Gigabyte P55 V4 not playing properly?

tony delamora

Estimable
May 7, 2014
I just recently purchased a used gigabyte p55 v4 laptop off of Ebay and the seller did tell me that for some reason the laptop switches from charging to the battery when playing a game off and on. This causes a sudden frame rate drop in the game and causes the screen to turn dark. My question is, is this a battery issue or a charging issue? Because whenever I charge the laptop while browsing the web or watching YouTube videos it charges fine.

Hi,

Please do run these test first so you can identify which is really faulty.
- First do change the Power Management settings of Nvidia.
- Here's how: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3130/~/setting-power-management-mode-from-adaptive-to-maximum-performance
- Do test the laptop again with just the battery in while gaming and see if the same problem will persist or not after changing the Power Management in Nvidia.
- If the same problem will persist that means it's the battery that is faulty already.
- Do also try removing the battery and power it on with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will work normal or not.
- It won't harm the laptop if you'll be using it without the battery and directly connected to its AC adapter.