Good open back headphones to use with the V-moda boompro mic for pc gaming?

nominath6543

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Hello,

I'm looking for some good open back headphones to use with my V-moda Boompro microphone, (i already own the mic) i had akg k240's with a zalman mic and now have V-moda crossfade wireless 2's that ive been using but since they are closed back the sound stage is tiny. trying to keep a budget under $150 USD, thank you very much!

Solution
That's a bummer, but even at $130 IMHO the SHP9500s is still a good value when you are considering using it as a headset w/ the boompro (they are that good!) and would sound a little bit better than the Game One in both output and mic quality (which is currently one of the only open-back gaming headsets available!)

Other options, the Superlux 668B along with a 3.5mm F-F like this and maybe some velour pads like these all for $56 total is not bad at all, the only mod you may have to do is some cardboard/hot glue to stop the pigtail from flopping around, would sound far better then any closed-back headset IMO.

You can also get something like the Audio Technica ATH-AD500X and a 3.5mm jack then...

nominath6543

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Hi, unfortunately by the time you wrote this those were gone and now the cheapest pair of the SHP9500s are $130, worth it? maybe any other suggestions that are still available ? thank you so much! edit: i also dont really mind getting a normal pair of gaming headsets in that pricerange if you think those will be just as good, just dont want to have to get the modmic because of all the cables...

That's a bummer, but even at $130 IMHO the SHP9500s is still a good value when you are considering using it as a headset w/ the boompro (they are that good!) and would sound a little bit better than the Game One in both output and mic quality (which is currently one of the only open-back gaming headsets available!)

Other options, the Superlux 668B along with a 3.5mm F-F like this and maybe some velour pads like these all for $56 total is not bad at all, the only mod you may have to do is some cardboard/hot glue to stop the pigtail from flopping around, would sound far better then any closed-back headset IMO.

You can also get something like the Audio Technica ATH-AD500X and a 3.5mm jack then mod it to accept the 3.5mm jack

Solution