Google account loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaPeach724

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
Purchased Galaxy Tab A. Set up with wrong google account. Did factory reset steps. Reboot. New setup starts. Joins wifi automatically. Gets to google account screen. Regardless of gmail acct entered with correct password, continues to loop back to re-enter screen stating "unauthorized attempt to reset device to factory, enter previously synced gmail and pwd". Gmail entry and pwd is infinite loop.

Solution
Resets don't get rid of google account info often (not factory resets). Hard reset should. Or you can try this....

NOTE: To do this you will have to enter the old account info first, to get past this screen log in issue. Then use the following info.

Try this to change your Google Account on your device. Without having to do a "Factory Reset" or "Hard Reset".

1. Go into your Tablet's "Settings".
2. Now scroll to locate, and then tap, "Apps" or "Applications".
3. In the Apps screen scroll right/left to locate the "All" tab, and tap it.
4. Now scroll down the list (which can be quite long) and tap "Google Apps".
5. Once in this new screen tap "Clear Data" and then tap "OK".
6. Next tap "Clear Cache" and then tap "OK".

Note: Your tablet...

Jen_Sai

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Have you tried adding the other account as a second account then delete the first?
If it will allow for that...
(If a reset didn't get rid of it, perhaps it didn't reset?)

Resets don't get rid of google account info often (not factory resets). Hard reset should. Or you can try this....

NOTE: To do this you will have to enter the old account info first, to get past this screen log in issue. Then use the following info.

Try this to change your Google Account on your device. Without having to do a "Factory Reset" or "Hard Reset".

1. Go into your Tablet's "Settings".
2. Now scroll to locate, and then tap, "Apps" or "Applications".
3. In the Apps screen scroll right/left to locate the "All" tab, and tap it.
4. Now scroll down the list (which can be quite long) and tap "Google Apps".
5. Once in this new screen tap "Clear Data" and then tap "OK".
6. Next tap "Clear Cache" and then tap "OK".

Note: Your tablet may only have one or the other listed, that is fine. Also, while having both, it may gray out the other once you tap the first one, that is ok too.

7. Once you have done this, return to the main "Settings" menu.
8. Scroll and locate "Data Synchronization".
9. The tablet should prompt you to enter your new Gmail Account information.

If you don't have "Data Synchronization" you can just restart your tablet and you should be prompted to enter new Google Account info.

Solution

GeorgiaPeach724

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
Unfortunately, I'm locked all the way out ...no way to get to settings, or anything else. It's looping in the setup. Thanks for this reply. I will certainly save these steps should this problem arise.

Jun 10, 2018

that does not work as well still loops infinitely... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Aug 29, 2018
I had this exact same problem on my HTC 10. DO NOT FACTORY RESET. Well unless you like starting over. This worked for me: In the phones settings > Delete all accounts then add your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS