HDD vanished overnight on 3month old asusg752laptop!

shenanigar

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
When I woke up today I noticed my games were missing. After looking into it I realized my entire HDD space was gone. It wouldnt show up anywhere. I still had a couple games that were in my SSD,

I downloaded Seatools and it just shows my SSD is there now im missing my HDD . My laptop is a 3month old asus rogG752.

I called asus support and they said I need to RMA the laptop. I just got this laptop back from RMA a week ago from asus(2 parts replaced nothing to do with HDD) This thing was 1600.00 3 months ago so super frustrated right now.

Asus support didnt really troubleshoot the problem with me at all for some reason. Just asked two questions and straight to RMA. Is there anything else I can try to fix this on my own? I really dont wanna deal with asus support or their service center anymore they've been a nightmare through this process.

Thanks in advance

Solution
D
I'd complain really loudly and demand a new laptop. Quickly. There's no excuse for it to be broken twice. If you talk to a rep who won't or can't authorize a new one I'd keep asking for that person's supervisor until you reach someone who can. Explain your situation and don't take no for an answer.
D

Deleted member 217926

Yeah I'd do like they ask and not risk voiding the warranty.

Traditional platter HDDs are pretty fragile and shock sensitive so it could have been simply dropped in transit during the last RMA process.

shenanigar

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
It was strange because when i got the laptop back my games that were stored on the HDD were deleted but the ones on the SSD were still there. I was wondering why they would only delete a small section of the games. I then redownloaded the games and put them back on the HDD and they all worked fine for me for a week up until today.

Also one of the first things I noticed when i got the laptop back from RMA was the flashing HDD icon near the touchpad. It was always flashing and I didnt remember it flashing non stop like this before I sent it in. I even posted on the asus forum about it and they said it just meant the HDD drive was in use nothing to worry about. I couldnt remember if my other laptops flashed the light consistently or not but low and behold now the HDD is gone. The light is still flashing now though so i dont know if that even had anything to do with it.

shenanigar

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
Downloaded that but it is only showing the 120GB SSD. At this point I'm guessing the HDD is faulty or something. Cant believe the timing on this as I'll be out of the country for 5 months from 1st week of Dec on.

Still in disbelief that I went from never using a warranty on a electronic in my life to 2 RMAS on my most expensive electronic Ive ever bought in the past 3 months.

Thanks for the prompt replys guys!

D

Deleted member 217926

I'd complain really loudly and demand a new laptop. Quickly. There's no excuse for it to be broken twice. If you talk to a rep who won't or can't authorize a new one I'd keep asking for that person's supervisor until you reach someone who can. Explain your situation and don't take no for an answer.

Solution

shenanigar

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
I agree. This laptop was a complete lemon. Wouldnt start up at all 9 weeks in one day. Asus phone support tried to tell me it was because I left it plugged in over night. Send it in for RMA they had to replace not one but two parts on it. They send it back to me and within a week the HDD lemons out.

Now they tell me a week after getting it back from RMA to to send it back to them. So they can send me back the same laptop that will have a fried GPU next. Really wish I would of bought the alienware where they drive to your house and pick up the computer now. Funny how I laughed and thought I'd never need such a thing when I read about alienwares tech support.