HDMI cable for 1080p 600Hz

rjo98

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Hello,
I just got a plasma 1080p that says its 600Hz. I was looking at some HDMI cables at best buy to hook it up with, but the few i saw listed them at up to 120Hz. Do i need to find one that says 600Hz so the picture quality isn't bad? Never bought an HDMI cable before, dont want to mess it up

Hard to mess up an HDMI cable purchase. I don't believe you need to worry about refresh rate (Hertz) of the HDTV when considering an HDMI cable purchase; only that it conforms to the latest HDMI standards (1.4).

Also, unless you're getting an exceptional deal (less than $1 per foot of cable) or absolutely cannot wait a few days for delivery, I wouldn't purchase a cable from Best Buy. Look to Monoprice.com for HDMI cables.

-Wolf sends

That's going to depend a quite a few things.

- How's your eyesight
- What distance are you sitting from the HDTV
- What's the resolution of the content you're viewing
- How do you feel about analog audio

For the most part, I'd say no, it's not going to be "vastly" superior. Whether you even notice a difference or not is mostly dependent on the above questions (IMO).

-Wolf sends

stallionstu

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

hey mate, i bought a plama yesterday and my digital tv runs without interference, my xbox and playstation also run without interference ... yet my SKY BOX gets interference every single 10 seconds.. ive rang the manufacturers and they said i need to buy a 1.4 hdmi cable!! im a bit sceptic because i have 4 hdmi cables here and the same problem happens on every cable, but the tech support team says they most probably aint 1.4 cables.... can you help at all please? any advice will be great