Hdmi connection not working toshiba laptop

mindyb

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello, I have been trying for hours and hours - sometimes getting different results - using hdmi to hdmi - toshiba laptop to sony TV - can't get it to recognize tv as a device then once in a blue moon it does pop up as a device - no matter what can't get anything to it....downloaded new driver just in case - that did not work. Toshiba is a satellite p305. Now sometimes when connected I can only see a blue screen with windows logo on my monitor and nothing else. uuuugh...no consistency and no answers....called toshiba - nothing...

mindyb

Honorable
May 10, 2012
It has windows 7 32 bit on it and a dual video card but the card is not seeing the TV then all of a sudden it does but I can't get anything to it - it sees the TV actually when I turn it OFF...but again not consistently - very weird....

mindyb

Honorable
May 10, 2012
checked no bent pins - downloaded the latest toshiba driver and downloaded something called a hdmi controller that does nothing....tv is set to the proper video 7 selection which the manual says is the hdmi connection in the back - I downloaded a copy of the manual but it has been pretty useless....uuugh....
this link had some stuff that seemed useful but it lost me.....BUT it seemed to resolve for someone - I am having trouble following it...
http://www.justanswer.com/laptop/6evfz-connected-toshiba-satellite-a505-s6005-hdtv-samsung.html

mindyb

Honorable
May 10, 2012
yeah trying but not working - if I have the tv plugged in I have no screen at all on my computer except for the windows icon - I have to unplug the TV or turn it ON to get my computer to work...LOL - CRAZY!!

mindyb

Honorable
May 10, 2012
this is all my manual says and no other page reference:
HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) is a standard in the
CE Industry which allows devices to work together over an HDMI
cable. Toshiba notebooks with HDMI-CEC include a Toshiba
utility dedicated to take advantage of its capabilities which can
allow you to:
❖ Use the TV remote control to output the computer screen onto
the TV screen.
❖ Use the TV remote control to launch, operate and close
applications on your computer.
❖ Turn on the TV when the HDMI output is selected using the
Fn+F5 key.
❖ Switch the video output (HDMI or LCD) when executing
certain desktop icons.
❖ Enable/Disable the HDMI-CEC function on the computer.
For more detailed HDMI-CEC information visit
pcsupport.toshiba.com.

mindyb

Honorable
May 10, 2012
and this which just says cycle the function 5 key - BUT with the cable in and tv off I have no screen at all to see anything....that is the strange thing
The quickest way to change the display output settings is to use the
display hot key (Fn + F5):
1 While holding down Fn, press F5 repeatedly until the setting
you want takes effect. Briefly pause each time you press the F5
key to allow time for the display to change.
This hot key cycles through the settings in the following order:
❖ Built-in display only
❖ Built-in display and external monitor simultaneously
❖ External monitor only
❖ Built-in display and TV (or other external video device)
simultaneously
❖ TV (or other external video device) only
❖ Built-in display and external monitor (extended desktop)
❖ Built-in display and TV (extended desktop)
❖ Swap—Switch primary display between internal display
and external monitor when using extended desktop

mindyb

Honorable
May 10, 2012
sorry do not have - I did uninstall and re-install the driver again since I found that on a web site but it did not work...i am about to give up - but thanks for your time and attention to this

mindyb

Honorable
May 10, 2012
do i just sit and wait and see if someone looks at this or is there another place I should be putting it on this site? i will assume just wait and see if anyone else hits this thing :) thanks so much