Hdmi from computer, to receiver, then to projector.

jasonl34

Estimable
May 18, 2014
That is basically what i want to do. Currently my computer is next to my stand that holds my receiver.

I want to move it to another area so i can have it on my desk ect. I measured the distance id have to go and id need about a 35 ft hdmi cable to run it through the floor and back to my Yamaha receiver. I then already have the hdmi that goes to the projector.

I was trying to find one locally but i doubt ill be able to..walmart sells a 50ft which is a lot more than i need. I can order online but theres so many to choose from online i dont even know which i actually need.

Any help would be great.

Solution

Doesn't matter. Just don't get the cheapest one. 35ft is about 10m and 50 is about 15m. Both should be pretty standard.

Hlsgsz

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

Doesn't matter. Just don't get the cheapest one. 35ft is about 10m and 50 is about 15m. Both should be pretty standard.

Solution

jasonl34

Estimable
May 18, 2014
Oh ok. I wasnt sure if already having one going from the receiver to the projector thats 30 ft would affect this one but its good to know it doesnt.

Im looking at monoprice now. Theres a few...
Theres a generic with redmere, regular ones called redmere, and luxe that i can see.

I do want to make sure it can transmit 1080p at minimal cost. I noticed some only can do 1080i.

rwpritchett

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I can't imagine an HDMI cable available today that can't handle 1080p. If you want to be safe, maybe go for one of the redmere 1080p cables for a little more $$$. The only downside to redmere is the ends are different for input-output so you must pay attention.

bigpinkdragon286

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
The Redmere cables use chips to increase transmission distance over smaller gauge wiring. I would steer clear of those unless you fit the niche they fill. The cable linked to is pretty nice, and if the picture is accurate, 22 AWG. Very good price for such a good cable, but be aware, it's going to be thick and a lot more inflexible than your average ordinary HDMI cable. For long runs however, having enough copper in the transmission lines is important. Too small a gauge and you'll get snow or complete signal drop-out at the receiving end. Also, make sure you don't run the cable past high sources of electrical noise.