HDMI No Sound in TV, only Video - - - HP Elitebook 8470p Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaivik_Patel

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
Product Name: elitebook 8470p
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I am tring to connect my Laptop to tv with HDMI Cable.
Laptop has no HDMI Cable- So i use Display port to HDMI Converter.

Laptop Model: EliteBook 8470p

Operating System: Windows 7 64bit also try windows 10 64bit.

I already try different operating system but not suceess.
I already try cable with lenovo laptop that also has display port and that working fine. so no issue with cable.
I am able to cast only video, so video is casting so port is also working.

Issue is only for audio.

If i connect cable with other laptop then in TV it display Connected as HDMI.
But if i connect with elitebook then it display connect laptop as DVI but i am using same cable as i used to connect my other laptop.

I already try HP Sound troubleshoot but none of them is working for me.

I am attaching some snap for batter idea.
Tell me what to do next i am ready to try anything.

Windows os is uptodate.
Driver uptodate.

original

original

Solution
Everywhere i look suggests your laptop specifications include an AMD gpu, having no drivers installed for it would appear you only have Intel HD as the only graphics. Install AMD driver from HP only way of knowing if they made an Intel HD only for that model but i doubt it.

blockhead78

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

It won't work with a DVI adapter

that's why audio is working when he plugs into another laptop using hdmi to hdmi and he has the problem on this laptop as he's using the dvi adapter

DVI is display only and will not carry an audio signal

boju

Distinguished
The TV is recognising the connection as dvi for whatever reason, my guess is because sound isn't detected (Think that's where you're getting confused?) but detects as hdmi with another laptop on the same hdmi channel.

Jaivik_Patel

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

Thanks for help.
I remove my all intel driver and reinstall new and latest driver from intel site.
But result is same.
No Sound output.
driver show in device manager.
but As i attached snap playback device not showing intel driver/device to set as default.
original

Jaivik_Patel

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

Yes Boju,
I have only one display port in my laptop.
so i try my another laptop(lenovo with displayport), and in that working fine video and audio is working.
so i think it is not cable issue.
i already posted my query in hp forum but non of them replay me.

boju

Distinguished
Checked your laptop specs again after seeing an AMD driver listed as a graphics driver for your laptop from HP site, can you confirm if you have an AMD gpu?

According to here it has Radeon HD 7570M & intel HD. https://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-EliteBook-8470p-Notebook.83640.0.html

If you do have an AMD gpu, try installing driver for it, under graphics. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8470p-notebook-pc/5212907

Not sure why Intel is not providing digital audio but AMD might.

Jaivik_Patel

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

as i refer my configuration i fond i have Intel HD 4000 Graphics

boju

Distinguished
Everywhere i look suggests your laptop specifications include an AMD gpu, having no drivers installed for it would appear you only have Intel HD as the only graphics. Install AMD driver from HP only way of knowing if they made an Intel HD only for that model but i doubt it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.