HDMI ONLY seen with no VGA plugged in

rjsticky

Estimable
May 4, 2014
I have a desktop with monitor (VGA) and a Flatscreen TV (HDMI) both connected to the computer. The TV is pure to watch movies/DVD's.

It worked for about 2 years and now suddenly the TV HDMI say "Check signal cable" allthough I do still get a signal from the computer.

The computer sees the Samsung TV.

The strange thing is when I remove the VGA monitor cable from the computer the problem is solved.
I can watch movies without the "Check signal cable" notice.

I can live with this, but turn computer on and off, just to remove or plugin the VGA everytime is a bit ..., but I guess recommended.

Solution
Sorry, mine is Dutch, but I understand what you are saying now.
It has 4 options in W7:
1. Duplicate screen ( my preference and has been for the past 2 years)
2. as you say extend, but makes NO difference same error
3. use screen 1
4. use screen 2

OPTION 1 I had for 2 years with no problems and option 2 as you said does not solve it

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Right click Desktop>Left Click Screen Resolutions>Make sure that the TV is selected and enabled for Extended Desktop. Windows does not always automatically enable all displays that are connected.

rjsticky

Estimable
May 4, 2014
I am on W7 and my right click does not show as you say.

I does make some sence though, because it just happened without any changes or unplugging, but maybe an automated updated from W7 or something else, change something.

rjsticky

Estimable
May 4, 2014
Sorry, mine is Dutch, but I understand what you are saying now.
It has 4 options in W7:
1. Duplicate screen ( my preference and has been for the past 2 years)
2. as you say extend, but makes NO difference same error
3. use screen 1
4. use screen 2

OPTION 1 I had for 2 years with no problems and option 2 as you said does not solve it

Solution