Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylor Schuessele

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
I was wondering if there is anything i could buy like a pci-e card that would allow me to plug in consoles such as a Nintendo switch to my computer and run it on my computer like an application?

Solution
Hdmi is video/audio only which you can view through a pc with a capture card but there isn't any data being sent back to the console to control it. As for running it like an app, if you mean to play the game on your pc, you can't unless the console supports game streaming. I think only the xbox one and ps4 support that. Those use your network so there is nothing extra needed.

k1114

Distinguished
Hdmi is video/audio only which you can view through a pc with a capture card but there isn't any data being sent back to the console to control it. As for running it like an app, if you mean to play the game on your pc, you can't unless the console supports game streaming. I think only the xbox one and ps4 support that. Those use your network so there is nothing extra needed.

Solution

Tylor Schuessele

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015

i know i would not be able to use the controller through my computer, i could just use the controller with Bluetooth to the console. Is there a program that lets you show the video from a capture card in real time with no lag?

Tylor Schuessele

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015

I could easily switch from pc gaming to also playing on my switch and ps4 without having to change monitor inputs. It all being contained within windows just needing different controllers for the consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.