Headset static and default playback device issues

Ruination

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
I've been having issues with my laptop an HP Envy 15z j-100 and static in my headphones. I have a pair of Turtle beach z11s and when I test the headset through a program that can record my voice I always hear static behind it. I also went to recording devices, listened to the audio coming from the microphone and heard static also. My other issue is that I can not set my headset as the default playback device, I can only set it to default communications and the speakers are the default playback. If I disable the headset in playback devices the audio comes from the headset but if it's possible i'd love to correct it anyway. I tested the headset on my PS4 and there is no static. They both connect by a single 3.5 male. The headset has a choice of splitting the voice and audio but my laptop only has a single port.

Evitative

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014
If this is still an issue, I think it might be your Bluetootth/Wifi Adapter thats causing an interference with the Audio. Try moving the Wireless adapter somewhere far from the audio capacitors of your motherboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MrCash Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
firedancer4 Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
BlaM666 Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
Q Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
wojtek267 Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
D3NSS1 Laptop Tech Support 7