Headset static and default playback device issues

Ruination

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
I've been having issues with my laptop an HP Envy 15z j-100 and static in my headphones. I have a pair of Turtle beach z11s and when I test the headset through a program that can record my voice I always hear static behind it. I also went to recording devices, listened to the audio coming from the microphone and heard static also. My other issue is that I can not set my headset as the default playback device, I can only set it to default communications and the speakers are the default playback. If I disable the headset in playback devices the audio comes from the headset but if it's possible i'd love to correct it anyway. I tested the headset on my PS4 and there is no static. They both connect by a single 3.5 male. The headset has a choice of splitting the voice and audio but my laptop only has a single port.

Evitative

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014
If this is still an issue, I think it might be your Bluetootth/Wifi Adapter thats causing an interference with the Audio. Try moving the Wireless adapter somewhere far from the audio capacitors of your motherboard.