Hello users. I have a Samsung A310F With a 120GB SD Card installed but my games wont move from default storage to My SD Card P

Ralin ren

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
I have tried several times to move a few of my larger games from the default phone storage to my installed SD Card to no avail as I keep being told not enough memory when downloading new larger sized games from the google play store.

Please can some one help me find a solution thanks

Solution
First, are you sure you can move the app? Most apps can't be moved onto a SD card. You would have to have converted the card over to "Internal" storage first. The way to do this is below. NOTE: This only works on phones using Android "Marshmallow" or newer and the manufacturer must not have restricted this option on the device. Which does happen.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap...
First, are you sure you can move the app? Most apps can't be moved onto a SD card. You would have to have converted the card over to "Internal" storage first. The way to do this is below. NOTE: This only works on phones using Android "Marshmallow" or newer and the manufacturer must not have restricted this option on the device. Which does happen.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat".

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.

1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.
3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.

If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

Solution

sy3d79z

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
And then how to return to its external format of SD card ?

As an internal status it will delete all the data from SD card whilst flashing ROM... etc

As it says in my reply, be sure to start with a blank card. :)

To return it to its original "External" status you follow the same steps, just making a few different choices. However, you would have to move all apps back to the phone if you wish to keep them and all other files would have to move to the phone, or be moved to say a computer via USB cord before making it external again.

Changing either way will require the card be backed up or blank as the processes will clear it off.