HELP! Asus Vivobook touch screen keeps clicking itself

zittaarlivia

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
Hello, I've been using Asus Vivobook with Windows 8 os for approx. 3 years and my laptop was totally fine until yesterday the touchscreen suddenly start to click itself as if someone was tapping the screen nonstop. It makes me uncomfortable while using my laptop. The 'ghost' clicks everything that even the start screen won't load properly because of it and I barely can shut down and restart my laptop because of the 'ghost'
I've been trying to restart my laptop for like a thousand times but nothing had change. I tried to disable device but nothing works either. I didn't found any options to disable touchscreen and I don't know how to reset calibration settings. Can you please help me and give a solution to my problem other than factory reset? I need a solution very soon because I need my laptop for doing my homework and projects and there's a lot of important files inside. Thank you in advance.

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that might help in resolving the issue.

How to Calibrate Touch.
- Open Search and type Control Panel and select Tablet PC Settings.
- From Tablet PC Settings, select Calibrate.
- Follow the on screen calibration for Pen input or Touch input Settings
- (Note: you may need to disable Pen input if it's enabled)

How do I adjust Touch Settings
- Open Control Panel again and select Pen and Touch
- From the Pen and Touch menu select Touch
- Select the touch action that you would like to change and click Settings.

Worst case is if all these doesn't work you need to perform a Factory Reset with your laptop.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that might help in resolving the issue.

How to Calibrate Touch.
- Open Search and type Control Panel and select Tablet PC Settings.
- From Tablet PC Settings, select Calibrate.
- Follow the on screen calibration for Pen input or Touch input Settings
- (Note: you may need to disable Pen input if it's enabled)

How do I adjust Touch Settings
- Open Control Panel again and select Pen and Touch
- From the Pen and Touch menu select Touch
- Select the touch action that you would like to change and click Settings.

Worst case is if all these doesn't work you need to perform a Factory Reset with your laptop.

Solution

cjborces

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
I have encountered that same problem with my Vivobook. It occured twice. What I did is some kind of massaging the screen by pressing my fingers to the display with the other hand supporting from the back. Or holding the monitor with both hands I used my thumbs on pressing it. I stop until the problem is gone.
I dont see it as the proper solution but try it might work.