Help, cannot get the @ button to work on our office Asus laptop. What function keys do we use?

Woozysquid

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
Feeling dumb please help I normally work on an apple mac home and office and the office laptop is a Asus. We need to type @ and have tried all the obvious keys to get the "2" to an @ but without success. Please solve for us. Thanks.

Solution
That Alt-code is a work-around, but not a real solution imo.

Check if more than just the @-symbol gives you problems. If more characters are 'in the wrong place' you have to press Ctrl + Shift simultaniously. Most of the time that solves the problem of wrong character output of your keyboard. ;)

Woozysquid

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
Have tried all of the above suggestions, don't have a "Alt Car" key on the Asus. Only an "Alt key and and separate "Cntrl" key. I have already tried all the obvious keys without success. Any other suggestions?

Woozysquid

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

Shift + 2 didn't work, have already tried all the obvious keys. Could copy and paste but need to find function key for another colleague who originally had the problem. I work with contractors and they come and go, and occasionally require to use the old laptop we have made available to them. Any further suggestions please?

Woozysquid

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

Thank you, this has worked. :)

Jacob Mulder

Estimable
Feb 9, 2015
That Alt-code is a work-around, but not a real solution imo.

Check if more than just the @-symbol gives you problems. If more characters are 'in the wrong place' you have to press Ctrl + Shift simultaniously. Most of the time that solves the problem of wrong character output of your keyboard. ;)

Solution

Woozysquid

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

ripjawsx

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
i had same issue, even IT guy in company was not aware to this problem, my bro suggested
change the language to US ENGLISH, if it is in other english, as in my case it was default UK english, it solved my problem