Help with a tablet that is flashing but not coming on

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellemarie

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014
Hi,

I'm having some issues with my sons Teclast P85 mini tablet that was a gift about two months ago. He let the tablet die out and gave it to me to charge, after a few hours of being on the charger I tried to boot it up to give back to him only to see the screen flash every few seconds but not boot up.

I've no idea what is wrong with it as he's done nothing to it (he was sitting next to me when it died out) and am sad for my son as he's completely heartbroken that he can't use it currently.

As I've said though, when I turn it on the tablet only flashes a black screen. It looks like it goes dimmer and then brighter as if it's trying to boot but does nothing. I get no Teclast screen or anything, just the flashing black screen. I've tried to hit the reset button on the back but it has done no good.

Any help would be very very much appreciated! Thanks!

reedo_43

Distinguished
I can only suggest letting it charge longer. Although you said it charged a few hour, it may not be enough since the battery was exhausted completely. Does it do this with it plugged in? Is there any indication that it is charging?

ellemarie

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014

The only indication that it is charging is that it starts flashing again while on the charger. Aside from that I have no way of knowing that it is retaining a charge with the exception that it will still flash even when it comes off the charger until the battery dies again.

ellemarie

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014

I did let it fully charge but still with the same results. It still just flashes brighter to dimmer on the black screen.

GoushiqueJ

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
Hi shahbaz200! I have a chinese android tablet which was running android 4.2.2, and one day it jst shut off overheating on the back of the tablet. I left it and after cooling tried to turn it on it didnt do anything even on charge. And after somedays i took it and plugged it in and a white screen glows and goes off quickly every 10-15 secs, do u knw the solution?

Jack1238

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
My Hipstreet Pilot was working normally; after charging overnight to full I powered up but it got stuck on flashing without booting. Having read various fixing options via google I decided to take off the back, easily unclipped, and remove/replace battery - before I fou8nd battery I noticed "reset" button next to power slot (I'd missed it before opening tablet) - I pressed the button and hey presto - tablet switched off, I left it a few seconds then powered up and all normal. RESET button worked!

Vernon_9

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017

wireless charger solved similar problem

Status
Not open for further replies.