Drewski_U

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
I've had my PS4 hooked up to my dads old Onkyo AV Reciever TX-DS676 and speakers for about a year now and the usual set up is through optical 1 or 2 and using the "5ch Stereo" option with a toslink cable going from the PS4 to the reciever. However I just moved and after setting it back up exactly the way it was I am now unable to select the "5ch Stereo" option and stuck with "Stereo" or "Dolby DTS" and neither of those options allow me to use the "center" speaker just the left, right and subwoofer http://imgur.com/a/rYGcD

If there is any information needed to help fix this let me know and thank you in advance!

Solution
Found this online:

If you are using optical output and expecting 5.1 audio, but instead hear 2.0 audio or no audio at all, make sure that you've enabled a 5.1ch bitstream output mode (Dolby Digital 5.1ch or DTS 5.1ch) that you know if compatible with you equipment. Note that you should only enable bitstream output if you are certain that you device supports it, otherwise you could damage your speakers if you attempt to play bitstream audio over an unsupported device. Some devices will also mute all audio completely if they detect an incompatible bitstream format. To enable bitstream audio over optical audio outputs:
Boot up the PS4 System and access the Settings menu
Select 'Sound and Screen', 'Audio Output Settings', 'Primary Output...

dudio

Admirable
Found this online:

If you are using optical output and expecting 5.1 audio, but instead hear 2.0 audio or no audio at all, make sure that you've enabled a 5.1ch bitstream output mode (Dolby Digital 5.1ch or DTS 5.1ch) that you know if compatible with you equipment. Note that you should only enable bitstream output if you are certain that you device supports it, otherwise you could damage your speakers if you attempt to play bitstream audio over an unsupported device. Some devices will also mute all audio completely if they detect an incompatible bitstream format. To enable bitstream audio over optical audio outputs:
Boot up the PS4 System and access the Settings menu
Select 'Sound and Screen', 'Audio Output Settings', 'Primary Output Port'
Select 'DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL)'
Make sure that one of the first two checkboxes is checked (Dolby Digital 5.1ch, DTS 5.1ch), depending on what bitstream format your equipment supports
Select 'OK' to apply the changes
Select 'Audio Format (Priority)'
Check 'Bitstream (Dolby)' or 'Bitstream (DTS)', matching what you selected in the primary output port settings

Solution