Hi! I have a Seagate external hard drive. I never had a problem using this until now. I connected it to my laptop and it says

babieduquesa

Estimable
Mar 6, 2015
Hi! My Seagate external hard drive is not opening on my laptop. It won't read. I had no problem with it before until now. Please help.

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hi there babieduquesa,

It will be great if you could provide some more information on the issue you are facing.
I guess you can perform some basic troubleshooting steps like: connect the drive with another USB cables as well as to another computer.
If the issue persists, you need to go to Disk Management and see whether the drive has a drive letter assigned, healthy partition or file system. Depending on that, you may need to use some data/partition recovery software or assign a drive letter.

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hi there babieduquesa,

It will be great if you could provide some more information on the issue you are facing.
I guess you can perform some basic troubleshooting steps like: connect the drive with another USB cables as well as to another computer.
If the issue persists, you need to go to Disk Management and see whether the drive has a drive letter assigned, healthy partition or file system. Depending on that, you may need to use some data/partition recovery software or assign a drive letter.

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
L Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 3