Hi! I have a Seagate external hard drive. I never had a problem using this until now. I connected it to my laptop and it says

babieduquesa

Estimable
Mar 6, 2015
Hi! My Seagate external hard drive is not opening on my laptop. It won't read. I had no problem with it before until now. Please help.

Solution
Hi there babieduquesa,

It will be great if you could provide some more information on the issue you are facing.
I guess you can perform some basic troubleshooting steps like: connect the drive with another USB cables as well as to another computer.
If the issue persists, you need to go to Disk Management and see whether the drive has a drive letter assigned, healthy partition or file system. Depending on that, you may need to use some data/partition recovery software or assign a drive letter.

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there babieduquesa,

It will be great if you could provide some more information on the issue you are facing.
I guess you can perform some basic troubleshooting steps like: connect the drive with another USB cables as well as to another computer.
If the issue persists, you need to go to Disk Management and see whether the drive has a drive letter assigned, healthy partition or file system. Depending on that, you may need to use some data/partition recovery software or assign a drive letter.

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD

Solution