Hooking up a home audio sub to normal speakers without a receiver

wachiga

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hey, first post here. I was just wondering if what Im trying to do is even possible. I bought some cheapo creative speakers for $40 and they are really horrible. So I went to newegg and found this sub from newegg. Im wondering if I can buy RCA speakers and make it all work without a receiver. Thank you

The Polk sub is self powered so if your creative speakers are also self powered you can connect them to your source without a receiver. If they are not self powered you will need an amplifier to drive them. You don't say what you want to play them with so depending on the audio output you will need the right adapters/splitters to connect the speakers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dh100592 Audio 0
Smackiepipe Audio 6
S Audio 2
A Audio 4
Null895 Audio 1
F Audio 2
FirstLast1234 Audio 8
deusman Audio 1
D Audio 5
C Audio 4
2 Audio 1
J Audio 3
F Audio 3
N Audio 3
D Audio 1
M Audio 1
L Audio 1
M Audio 1
S Audio 1
S Audio 6
Similar threads
Question How can I hook up power book shelf speakers an speaker towers that are speaker wire
Question Inherited a Bose Lifestyle 20 (subwoofer & 2 speakers). Can I hook this to non-Bose audio source (like Vizio TV)?
Solved! Computer is hooked up to monitor with HDMI to VGA adapter... Can I have audio or....?
Solved! Hooking up an active subwoofer to A/V receiver
Solved! How can hook up an old receiver to my TV and at audio
Solved! HELP: How to hook up TVEars Analog to Samsung Smart TV, w/no Audio Out or Earphones
Question I have a Samsung Q80R. The audio works fine when it's hooked up to my computer, but when I hook it up to my TV, it's extremely quiet. Why?
Question How does one hook up 5.1 surround sound ? (Logitech Z607)
Question Hooking up a sub woofer
Solved! How do you hook up headphones to a Samsung uhdt tv 7 series that does not have audio output?
how can i hook my pc to my m-cr610 to use as audio
Can I hook a tv ps4 and home theatre system using using a 4 way HDMI splitter and still get audio from surround sound
no audio hook up for headphones on tv
Need help hooking up a PC audio setup.
What kind of audio cable do i need to hook up my Bose Wave Radio to my LG smart tv
TV has optical audio out only...my Soundbar only has hdmi in ... do I need to buy to get this hooked up
I have a acoustic audio AA5170 only the one piece the big one is that a subwoofer. Can u hook this one up to my insignia tv a
Do you hook up to the DVR (cable box) or to the actual TV, the red/white audio cables??? I dont have a bluetooth capable TV- b
How to hook up a soundbar with audio videoHow to
audio hook up from TV to desk top speakers

ASK THE COMMUNITY