How can i fix error Code43? I has isntalled twice. My display driver is Nvidia Geforce 9800m gs. Laptop: Asus G50VT. Please he

JoeyNam

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
hi, try to use DriverMax to make a backup on a computer which has same device (like USB controller or graphics card), copy the backup to your computer and restore with DriverMax

susanking

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014

I have the same problem.Haven't used my laptop in 3 years. I got it up and runnng and the exclamation point next to the 9800m gs in device manager won't go away. Tried ASUS site which is useless. Tried Nvidia Geforce site which doesn't recognize the card. It is Vista 64bit ,not Win7. I am in the same boat that is sinking...

JoeyNam

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014

still hope.... remove drivers completely, registry components too, delete old nvidia extracted package, clean up your hard drive, temporary folders(user/ windows separate), then do the system maintenaince, restart ur rig, re-install latest driver from the web, don't download it with IDM, if this advice is useless THEN try this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQ4pm8jNkU

susanking

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
Did all that. Gonna face the hard truth that ASUS sucks. In 2011 they sold me a laptop for over 1200.00 that overheated like a b...... I'm betting the vid card got fried. And there is no rescue like you can do baking a desktop vid card.
What annoys me is they don't respond to me. They want to charge me $36 to ask a question on the phone. Their website Sucks. Everything about the company sucks.
Had I known this, I would have gotten something else at the time.
When the keyboard died, I had to fight them for over 2 months for a replacement UNDER WARRANTY, mind you. They finally sent it and said the install info would be in an email. never got the install email. So I watched on you tube how to do it like I learn how to do everything else from you tube.
I will open it up tomorrow but I'm betting the card is soldered to the mobo.
Wonderful.

JoeyNam

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014

Asus laptop has bad cooling system. Buy good thermal cooling gel. Try apply new thermal grease on. And clean the whole mobo too. Re install windows with a diff version of driver. Hope u find out the reason and get it back to ya. Chinese and their goods always sucks.

susanking

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
I know right?

Since day one I have had it on a cooling tray with 2 desktop fans aimed at it. After a year it just died. So when I took it out of its box a few days ago, I opened it up and applied the knowledge I learned in the past 3 years. Cleaned up the paste (it was a mess in there) and applied nice thermal to it,and it never shut down on me again like it did before.. Just got the vid card problem. You would think there would be an easy replacement for this machine since so many overheaters like this were sold by them. I'm glad I didn't throw it away or give it to this pc repair store in Naples 2 years ago.. They told me all the components were burned out and I should just recycle it to them. LOL This chick isn't that stupid.

susanking

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014

Okay Update: Used driverMax.It DID update the driver but now the error code 43 is showing this:

C:\Users\susanking\AppData\Local\Temp\DMIEC8F.tmp.log.xml
C:\Windows\inf\oem22.inf

I believe the first one has something to do with Symantics?
I don't know what the 2nd one is about.