How can I get digital audio from my Hisense TV's digital audio coax to my Insignia soundbar digital audio input

ARsnic

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015
I purchased a digital audio coax cable and a digital optical audio cable, as well as a digital coax (input) to digital audio (output) converter..

I connected up everything, but get no audio thru soundbar; have tried changing dolby digital to PCM on TVs SPIF audio output and have made sure the soundbar is looking for optical input -- NO luck. How do I check if the converter is working? Or if the cables are OK?

The odd part is that when I connect the TV thru its headset jack to Soundbar using 3.5mm cables, sound comes through (but not quite up to snuf)

Thanks

Solution
You seem to have done it right. Could be a bad coax to optical converter (or bad power supply for it). If the optical works you will see a red light coming from the end of the toslink cable.
You can connect the optical input to another source (like cable box) to see if that is OK.
Your can try another coax cable (video cable will work in a pinch).
You seem to have done it right. Could be a bad coax to optical converter (or bad power supply for it). If the optical works you will see a red light coming from the end of the toslink cable.
You can connect the optical input to another source (like cable box) to see if that is OK.
Your can try another coax cable (video cable will work in a pinch).

Solution