How can i make a social network website without html or java script

jakepf1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
hi there i want to make a social network site like facebook or myspace without html or java script is there any otherway ?

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Ignoring the fact that such an endeavour would be tremendously futile because of market share, html is the bread and butter of websites. Even flash sites need enclosing html to start.

So yes to no Javascript but you cannot avoid HTML. You can use a variety of technologies to programmatically output HTML for you though. PHP is probably the most widely used to do this.

totalknowledge

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
HTML is the language that tells the web browser how to render the page, there is no other way around it. On the front end there will be HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (possibly with the jQuery library) and on the back end you will need something like PHP, Perl, Ruby, and/or Python.

HTML renders the page, CSS described the page, and Javascript makes the front end dynamic. The back end languages make the page persistent, and help to store information, and change the display based on stored information.

If all you are wanting to do is set up a pre-made social networking site, even simple forum boards need at least something like Wordpress, which still requires a bit of knowledge of all the other stuff.

randomizer

Distinguished

It would be a pretty boring website though. After the page has loaded it would be completely static until you loaded it again (or another page). You can forget new feeds or instant status updates, though perhaps that's a good thing.

To be honest though, there's such a glut of social networks that I don't think another one will add much to the mix. Helping improve an existing one is a better option. I'm sure that Diaspora* could use a few more hands on deck, but you'd want to gain some skill before pitching in to help.

It doesn't even load for me. :lol: