How do I change Sharp tv grayed out audio settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2018
I have a Sharp LC-26SB14U with a Roku hdmi stick and I’m trying to hook up a Bose solo 10 sound bar. Tv has a digital out that’s coax (that doesn’t seem to do the trick) so I bought a converter to coax to optical... that still doesn’t make the tv recognize the Bose.... how do I get to change the greyed out section in my tv menu!!! ?

Aug 19, 2018

its greyed out so i cant see the options to change it.. im guessing its the only thing stopping the tv from allowing another audio source to play back the audio.. Again this is simply a roku hdmi stick going into the tv, and a soundbar with optical in... the tv doesnt have optical only an ornage digital out coaxil. so i bought the coax to optical adapter and still nothing.. i plugged sound bar in other room into a cable box and it worked immediately.. so it has to be a setting option... Do sharp tvs have a passcode to get into tv digital output preferences?

Aug 19, 2018

there's no setting to turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output type. it says hdmi/dvi or another option is PCM which is greyed out... i want to change the speakers to the soundbar... seems to be a yv seeting preference thats stopping this...

Aug 30, 2018

I am having the same issues... all my Audio Settings section of my sharp tv are grayed out. How do I activate them to set my sound bar correctly?

Jul 14, 2019
same problem here. I previously ran my audio sources directly to a Denon AVR...no probs....now I am trying to use a soundbar and I have the same problem as you guys. No enable! The manual sucks too....it's written in bad Jinglish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hiAnsh Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 3
winston89 Streaming Video & TVs 0
K Streaming Video & TVs 0
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 0
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1