How do I change Sharp tv grayed out audio settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2018
I have a Sharp LC-26SB14U with a Roku hdmi stick and I’m trying to hook up a Bose solo 10 sound bar. Tv has a digital out that’s coax (that doesn’t seem to do the trick) so I bought a converter to coax to optical... that still doesn’t make the tv recognize the Bose.... how do I get to change the greyed out section in my tv menu!!! ?

Aug 19, 2018

its greyed out so i cant see the options to change it.. im guessing its the only thing stopping the tv from allowing another audio source to play back the audio.. Again this is simply a roku hdmi stick going into the tv, and a soundbar with optical in... the tv doesnt have optical only an ornage digital out coaxil. so i bought the coax to optical adapter and still nothing.. i plugged sound bar in other room into a cable box and it worked immediately.. so it has to be a setting option... Do sharp tvs have a passcode to get into tv digital output preferences?

Aug 19, 2018

there's no setting to turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output type. it says hdmi/dvi or another option is PCM which is greyed out... i want to change the speakers to the soundbar... seems to be a yv seeting preference thats stopping this...

Aug 30, 2018

I am having the same issues... all my Audio Settings section of my sharp tv are grayed out. How do I activate them to set my sound bar correctly?

Jul 14, 2019
same problem here. I previously ran my audio sources directly to a Denon AVR...no probs....now I am trying to use a soundbar and I have the same problem as you guys. No enable! The manual sucks too....it's written in bad Jinglish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS