How do I connect Creative Gigaworks 750 to ASUS Xonar HDAV 1.3 slim

dm7777

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
Hi

I have built a HTPC and am using the Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Slim soundcard

I have my original Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1 channel speakers. These do not have any optical or spdif input

How do I get the spdif out of the Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Slim sound card to connect to my creative 7.1 speakers.

Do I

#1. need to invest in some AV receiver like Onkyo (which I am happy to do). What cable do I need?

or
#2. Which converter do I need to buy

or
#3. Is there a cable only solution to this that can convert spdif out on ASUS sound card to Gigaworks S750 inputs

All help will be highly appreciated

Many thanks in advance
dairymilk7777@yahoo.co.uk

My HTPC specs are :
Core 2 Quad Q9650, 8GB, ATI Radeon 7xxxx series graphics driver.
All my HD movies are folder rips on external hard drives

I am attaching the pictures as well :

Creative Gigaworks S750 connection panel:
Creative_Gigaworks_S750_connection_panel.jpg

Creative Gigaworks S750 to Audigy 2 ZS sound blaster cable:
On the LEFT are connectors for sound card (ignore these as they go to Audigy 2 ZS) and on the right is the connections that go into the Creative Gigaworks S750 panel above
Creative_Gigaworks_S750_To_Creative2_Audigy_ZSCable_And.jpg

ASUS Xonar HDAV 1.3 slim conmnectors : (You can see the SPDIF out)
ASUS_Xonar_HDAv_1_3_slim.jpg

Solution
I think what I'm trying to say is that it's unlikely you're going to be able to use that Creative sound system. It lacks the appropriate connections and I don't know if the type you're after are available. You may need to look for a different soundcard with the connections you're needing should you want to keep using those speakers.

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
I don't think you're going to be able to make that work. Seeing as the only output the card has is SPDIF and there's no such connector shown on your Creative, your only option may be to buy an A/V receiver and go that route. I'm not sure that there's a converter of the type you're needing. I could be wrong here, but I can't say I've ever seen such.

dm7777

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

Thanks for the quick reply SkyBill40

I am happy to buy something like Onkyo from ebay. But what about the cables

Regards
dm7777

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
I think what I'm trying to say is that it's unlikely you're going to be able to use that Creative sound system. It lacks the appropriate connections and I don't know if the type you're after are available. You may need to look for a different soundcard with the connections you're needing should you want to keep using those speakers.

Solution