How do I fix ASUS 1225/R252 Series, specifically the ASUS 1225B netbook WILL NOT POWER ON?

DanDickinson

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
PLEASE HELP a skint student I need my netbook for study!!!

ASUS Eee PC 1225B
AMD E-450 1.65GHz Netbook
4GB RAM,
320GB HDD, 11.6in
Windows7

My ASUS 1225B netbook won't power on.

First the 15 pin D-Sub monitor output started being temperamental, then the blue light on the power button started flickering for a few days then packed up, then the power button and Memory card slot stopped working - all on the power board.

I Replaced the POWER BOARD (Part No: BD 60-OA3LPS1000-C02). (Separate from Motherboard).
Still none of the above work, netbook will ONLY power on with the Express Gate Button which boots into the exclusive ASUS OS.

Advice from ASUS tech support - 23/12/15:

Regarding your question you could try a power discharge for your device:

• disconnect the AC adapter
    unplug the battery if detachable
    press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to discharge the components
    plug the AC adapter only without the battery if it is detachable
    turn on the unit.
I had already tried this many times. What should I try next please?

Solution
Hi,

Since you've already replaced the motherboard with a new one it should have boot up already. Do the check the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard. If these doesn't work try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do the problem lies on the display itself not the motherboard.
Hi,

Since you've already replaced the motherboard with a new one it should have boot up already. Do the check the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard. If these doesn't work try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do the problem lies on the display itself not the motherboard.

Solution