KeltronX

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014
I have a Shengyue BM-800 condenser microphone. It usually gets power from a single AA battery, but if I do that, then I have to boost the input by 30db just to get a reasonable volume, and that results in an insane amount of white noise.
I bought a 48v DC phantom power supply to solve the problem, but it has no effect. If I remove the battery, it simply won't work, and I've been told online that simply using a jumper between battery contacts won't work.

Below is a to pictures of the inside. I'm guessing there will be soldering involved.
I'm pretty new to this, so please be detailed.

http://1drv.ms/1iOIP1O

Phantom power is supplied through the balanced input of the mic (usually from the mic preamp).
Reviews say you need an xlr male to xlr female cable. You plug the female xlr to male xlr in between the microphone and phantom power amp, then plug the cable that comes with the microphone into your pc or device

KeltronX

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014

Yes, I did all of that. As I said, the power supply is not boosting my levels in any way. The mic is still running off of the AA battery power. Removing the battery causes the mic to not work at all.