Solved! How do I get to read pictures moved from device (s() to an SD card?

Nov 30, 2018
I moved my pictures from device (S9) to a new SD card. But now I cannot read the pictures or the videos I moved. I get an error on desktop that Photos app does not support the file format. On phone, in My Files, SD card, when trying to open, I get an unknown error occurred and no picture or video can be read. Any ideas on how I retrieve my pictures and videos in a standard viewable format? The move to SD card was made due to insufficient storage on device, done from My files, move to SD card...
Thanks for a prompt reply

Solution
I am assuming you mean view, rather than read. The problem may be with the app you are trying to view them through. My Files isn't really made for viewing. The photos app may need to have the location it looks for images changed. Try going into the photo app and then into that app's settings. The option to change where it looks for images should be there.

If it still gives you problems I would suggest moving them back to the phone, then connecting the phone to a computer via USB cord and use the computer to move the files from the phone to the SD card. This can be done faster and without alteration of the files.
I am assuming you mean view, rather than read. The problem may be with the app you are trying to view them through. My Files isn't really made for viewing. The photos app may need to have the location it looks for images changed. Try going into the photo app and then into that app's settings. The option to change where it looks for images should be there.

If it still gives you problems I would suggest moving them back to the phone, then connecting the phone to a computer via USB cord and use the computer to move the files from the phone to the SD card. This can be done faster and without alteration of the files.

Solution