How do I hear sound via 3.5 jack rather than HDMI in online streaming players? [SOLVED]

ValentinaG

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
I usually watch my movies from files on my laptop, connected to a projector, for the video aspect, via HDMI and for audio, via 3.5 audio jack to the amplifier and house speakers.
That works fine using the pc video players, but I can't get the online players to direct the sound not into the HDMI, but out of the audio jack output.
How can I watch streaming, or Youtube with my projector? My projector doesn't obviously have speakers.
Thank you

Solution
Right click on the sound icon on the bottom right, open Playback Devices, find the audio jack option, and disable everything else, like I use a TV as my monitor, I simply just disable the TV speakers, and enable it and make my headphones the default device

Saturnity

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
Right click on the sound icon on the bottom right, open Playback Devices, find the audio jack option, and disable everything else, like I use a TV as my monitor, I simply just disable the TV speakers, and enable it and make my headphones the default device

Solution

Saturnity

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017

No problem :) could you select my answer as the right answer or whatever?

But yeah, no problem, have fun watching your movies :)

Jan 29, 2018

Jan 29, 2018
I have this problem but I cannot find any icons related to the green 3.5 input jack. I want all the audio through that jack, this feed an external amplifier: the stereo test play button works OK but everything else goes to the HDMI input of the monitor which I don't want.
Where is the 'audio jack option' in Playback Devices?

Saturnity

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017

Well in "Playback Devices" there should be a bunch of icons, try to disable every one except a single one and just test each one if you aren't sure