How do I install the Acer Aspire s3 LCD cable?

mtrcross07

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
Hi there,

I've recently bought a LCD cable for my acer aspire s3 as the old one was broken, thus giving me a white screen, upon diagnosing the issue, the old cable broke in multiple pieces because of the terrible design, but since it's only 6 months old from when my brother stopped using it a year or two ago, i would like to repair this laptop so then i have one to use.

While installing the cable, I teared the circuit accidentally because I have no idea how to fold and place the LCD cable around the hinge successfully without breaking the cable because too much force is being used.

Would you happen to have a tutorial video, or photo/blog reference that I could use on my second attempt at installing this cable when my new ones come in? As I'd much rather install the cable myself then take it to someone to install it for me.

While it may be a pretty good & cheap option for someone else to do it, i'd much rather do it myself as it's a learning experience.

mtrcross07

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015

That didn't show me anything really. I need to know how to fold the cable and how to wrap it around the hinge, you showed me a video showcasing how to replace a screen which isn't what i was after, thanks for trying though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 6
A Laptop Tech Support 1