How do I make a USB bootable for use on a chromebook?

yeahbuddy28

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
So I have a School Chromebook which is a Lenovo X131e. I would like to make a USB bootable with windows on it so I can use windows occasionally. Im sure this device has all sorts of restrictions on it to prevent this kind of stuff so that might be a problem. It is very important that the default ChromeOS stays completely intact so that I don't get in trouble when I return this to the school.
Also for anybody wondering the only reason I want to do this is so I can use various kinds of coding software when I have freetime in class (not for games and stuff I shouldn't be doing in school).

Solution
First, Windows doesn't like to boot from USB, ANY machine. Some people have forced it, but basically you are on your own there.

Second, what makes it a chromebook is, minimum memory so it's lean, and run a limited number of things. Can it even run Windows even if you get it to boot? How much ram this thing has?
First, Windows doesn't like to boot from USB, ANY machine. Some people have forced it, but basically you are on your own there.

Second, what makes it a chromebook is, minimum memory so it's lean, and run a limited number of things. Can it even run Windows even if you get it to boot? How much ram this thing has?

Solution