How do you backup your ipod music?

jayceww

Honorable
May 25, 2012
I wanna download some new music but my ipod’s running out of space. I really don’t wanna delete any single song, how can i backup them to my computer? They said I can copy the songs to anywhere on pc but that didn’t work at all, when ipod was pluged in there was no music(only some pictures) shown on the computer! I know there must be one solution, anyone know how ?

how are you loading up your ipod currently? are you using itunes?

if yes then most likely your file system on the ipod looks something like....

music\gsjljs\sgjskg or other such folder jargon and the files are named in cryptic filenames similar to the folder structure. apple claims that this allows them to save space on the hard drive for the music but it is just a pain to deal with.

the simple way to fix all of the files to the proper names and folder heirarchy is to use itunes.

drag everything in the music folder on the ipod to a directory on your pc.

open itunes. in settings have "keep music library organized" checked. go to file> add to library and select the base folder you just put on the pc. when done your files should all get added to your itunes library and it will sort them and rename them properly.

easy fix yes? a complete pain if you ask me but it works as i've done it before.