How do you sync a new cable box to also control the tv?

Davewright

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
I want my new cable box and hand remote set up to also control the TV. This would allow turning on and off the TV and change the volume with the time warner remote.

hang-the-9

Titan
Look up the program codes for your TV for the remote. Cable company should have it, and they include it the papers with the info when they set it up. There should also be a learning button that you can push, then execute the function you want the TV to do, it will store that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 0
jnojr Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
J Streaming Video & TVs 5
L Streaming Video & TVs 3
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 4
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 4
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
V Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
Similar threads
Question Setting up TVs to cable boxes in a different room without coax.
Question Do I need expensive HDMI cables for this setup? Detailed information inside.
Question Special HDMI cable or input for Fire to control TV?
Question Can't control the volume of my Samsung HW-J355 soundbar with my LG magic remote anymore
LG TV won’t turn on from remote control but it will turn on when I press the buttons on the TV, it just randomly started thi
How to control source input for my Sceptre tv using my cable remote
Solved! How do I change the input to cable on my vision without a remote control what will be the ok button once I get to input to cha
Best way to display PC in two rooms
Peel remote control looks for
How to connect my Sharp subwoofer and sound bar to my Samsung cable box (and be able to control the volume on whole system)
ATSC tuner that can be controlled by CEC
How to make my Cox cable remote connect to rca soundbar to control the volume
How to control with one remote Sony Bravia x850c + Yamaha A/V Receiver + Cable box
Cable Box and Cable Adapter remote controls same but want different
I would like to know If I can use an android tv box to control what's being displayed on my tv.
Using a Gamepad to control TV, Cable, and Home Theater (act as Universal Remote)
single cable in wall, want to run antenna and CATV provider on same, need remote control swith unit to connect on both ends
My Odyssey1 Cables are Melting
Control of Cable Box Power?
Which part of ribbon cable controls C-band reception?

ASK THE COMMUNITY