How does this audio extension cable work?

StormCloudSeven

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
I'm looking for something to extend the headphone and mic ports on the back of my PC, and I keep running into these types of cables: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Quality-3-5mm-Jack-Headphone-Mic-Audio-Splitter-Gold-Plated-Aux-Extension-Adapter-Cable-Cord-for/32756843523.html

I was expecting there to be two 3.5mm jacks but like the one I linked there is usually just one. Will it actually work like that? Because if I plugged that into the headphone input let's say, how could the mic side of the cable work? Or is it designed to only work 1 side at a time? I need both to work at the same time.

StormCloudSeven

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

Ah i see thanks. Are there any designed so that the extended inputs are combined into a little box? rather than being 2 separate looking cables all the way through? I'm searching and they seem to exist but only for usb extenders. Thanks.

boju

Distinguished
Oh youre after a box of some sort. Maybe look at Audio mixers, though they usually only have one analog output so not sure how that'll go.

Audio dacs with headphone/microphone are usb.

Getting a long cable and arrange it neatly might be best way. Or make your own box maybe?

StormCloudSeven

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

yea that kinda design seems rare. Thanks