How to connect passive speakers to xbox one?

lukitg

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
I have an old pair of audioengine A5 powered speakers which I am converting to passive because the internal amp blew out. Once I convert them to passive I wish to connect them to my xbox one and I am trying to figure out the best way to do this. I was thinking connecting via the optical cable, however I am unsure of how to power the speakers. I would like to avoid getting an expensive receiver and just need something to power these two desktop speakers and connect them to the optical port. I am new to all of this so any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to the speakers I have (pre converted to passive). https://www.cnet.com/products/audioengine-5/specs/

Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 1
Al319 Audio 10
L Audio 9
M Audio 1
N Audio 7
C Audio 1
N Audio 1
V Audio 13
R Audio 1
M Audio 7
T Audio 1
R Audio 1
J Audio 8
J Audio 10
3Bass Audio 1
D Audio 4
C Audio 4
J Audio 2
R Audio 1
F Audio 4
Similar threads
Question DAC converter doesn’t connect to tv (it does on ps3/ps4 though -help)
Question Connecting subwoofer to Speaker/Laptop
How to connect passive subwoofer to Sony STRDN1080
connect 2 passive bookshelf speakers to my iphone wirelessly?
Problem with connecting TV through a passive audio selector splitter
Connect passive bookshelf speakers with passive sub to a laptop
How can l connect subwoofer and passive speaker on yamaha P3500s power amp (diagram please)
I bought Pioneer Vsx 330K amplifier but my subwoofer is passive can I connect the wires to front speaker
How do I connect a active subwoofer together with a passive subwoofer so both run off a home theater system in a box
Can I connect a powered sub to a passive sub on system
Amp for passive subwoofer connection issue
Wire confusion - connecting Passive Klipsch R-14 Speakers to Harmon Kardon 3490 Receiver
Is it possible to connect two passive speakers to only one amplifier output?
How do i connect my RCA passive speakers to my subwoofer with speaker wire outputs?
how can i connect a pa amplifier with two passive speakers and an active sub woofer to my behringer xenyx 1204usb?
How to connect passive loudspeakers?
Connecting passive subwoofer to amp without speaker-level sub outs
Connecting Active Speaker and Passive Speaker to Stereo Amplifier
What amp do i need to connect a set of passive speakers to the 2442USB
I have a passive subwoofer that I would like to hook up to my sony str-dh550 receiver. I purchased a lepai preamp to connect t

ASK THE COMMUNITY