How to Convert .ptx file to .pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bio667

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
I know ptx files are a native file extension for Avid Tools Pro. But I wanted to know if there is some free or free trial software that can convert this file type into a pdf or make it so it can be viewed in like a notepad or Microsoft word app?

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
never used that app, you can however, if the app allows you, print that image to a virtual pdf printer, there is plenty of those in internet

the most common is pdfcreator

http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator

just be sure to install it but don't install the pdf architect or any adds or extras, you downloaded it just to have a virtual pdf printer that will create a pdf on your home documents or desktop, don't remember where it puts the resulting pdf

thx1138v2

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
One of the utilities that acts as a print driver to output a PDF file might work as long as whatever you are using to view the ptx file has a print option.

Search for "print to pdf". Most, if not all, of them have a free version you can download.

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
never used that app, you can however, if the app allows you, print that image to a virtual pdf printer, there is plenty of those in internet

the most common is pdfcreator

http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator

just be sure to install it but don't install the pdf architect or any adds or extras, you downloaded it just to have a virtual pdf printer that will create a pdf on your home documents or desktop, don't remember where it puts the resulting pdf

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
yes, that is correct and in fact, it also has almost the same controls that the pdf i mentioned has

but that one is free!

Free!

also exist for windows 7 and 8, so perhaps could help someone

and its free!

Web_Developer

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
If you have windows 10 then you can use Microsoft Print to PDF option to convert you files into PDF. All the windows 10 applications with Print option have the ability to convert files into PDF. But if you do not have windows 10 OS then you can simply download the trail version of this software to convert your file into PDF:

http://www.classicpdf.com/pdf-converter.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Apps General Discussion 0
D Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 5
M Apps General Discussion 3
P Apps General Discussion 1
A Apps General Discussion 2
The Paladin Apps General Discussion 4
P Apps General Discussion 2